[Usability] Gnome Shell update and personas - focus or distraction?

Hey everyone,

I've been mucking around with a page on personas after stormy's message (http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/Whiteboard/Personas) and it brought up two good points. Yes I type notes to myself and come across new thoughts that way, but I digress.

1 - If we want to look at using personas, we really should focus on specific features we're looking at.

2 - This discussion about a new shell is a specific feature.

The discussion seems like it is slightly unfocused, and I'd like to hear what people think of creating a few personas for this new shell. They would help the developers focus on a feature set and specific usage and scenarios. Of course there's no point in doing it if the developers aren't interested in using the personas to help guide the direction of development, but I wanted to hear some thoughts from this mailing list first.

That page I was mucking around on includes some steps I pulled from a seminar on creating personas in 30 days.

Thoughts?

Kirk