[Usability] usability on campus

Hi,

I saw the following on another mailing list [0]:

> Subject: User Interface Design

> Hello everyone. I am a student of Lehigh University and am taking a
> User Interfaces Techniques course. For our current project we've been
> asked to identify an open source project and work to improve the
> functionality and usability of its interface. [...]

Sounds like a pretty cool project to me where both sides profit. I don't
know if there are more universities with similar courses, maybe there
are more out there? Is there some kind of partnership between the "GNOME
usability team" and such a course somewhere in the world? While it might
cost the people here some time, its a nice education effect (which leads
to better future :)), some work on usability is done and maybe even some
students stay.

I don't know if there is even such a course at our local university nor
what they do but I'll figure that out.

greetings
Florian Ludwig

[0]