Re: [Usability] Gome is Too BIG..

Title: [Usability] Gome is Too BIG..
We could create a lighweight version similar to Fluxbox or FWM (used ni Damn Small Linux). So, the user could select download the lightweight or the other version. One can use a common platform and from there ask to the user: do you want the  lightweight or the regular version?.
Thank you a lot for your contributions. This help me (and I am sure also to OTHERS)  to improve.

De:  Dokuro
Enviado el: miť 12/03/2008 14:47
Asunto: [Usability] Gome is Too BIG..

hello everyone,
it has been a while now and it seems that Gnome has everything over
sized buttons, spaces, fonts, i can't put mi finger on it but on a
800x600 screen everything is always so big... i reduced the font size
from 10 to 8, it fixed things a little but almost all programs occupy
the hole screen without being maxed, seems to be a regular problem in
gnome applications where the windows can't be too small, could this be
part of the HIG specifications or some ppl making bad interfaces...(i
would not know since i have not read it...)

Dario Soto
Usability mailing list
Usability gnome org