Re: [Usability] A file information preview system in Nautilus

On 4 Jun 2008, at 14:51, Kirk Bridger wrote:

All valid points against the tooltip approach. Maybe we could put all this valuable file-related info in the sidebar, when the "Information" option is displayed? Right now I find that feature of the sidebar less than informative, and this seems like a natural kind of thing to display.

It's certainly one possibility. It would also be easier to make that approach cope with multiple selections (a few possibilities spring to mind, the simplest being next/previous buttons in the preview area to cycle through the selected files). In that way you could do a quick side-by-side comparison of selected files, which the tooltip approach doesn't lend itself so well to.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team