Re: [Usability] Fwd: New Sound Preferences and Volume Control

I've created a mockup with a possible layout.

The categories and scenarios should be prepopulated with sensible values.

The "associate applications with a category" subpanel would be closed by default:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/2229a720002648

Same view, open:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/55f4a620002649

2008/12/4 Diego Moya <turingt gmail com>

2008/12/4 Pedro Maurício Costa <pmauricio costa gmail com>
>> - Several priorization profiles could be saved,
> I think that would be unnecessary and the UI too complex. Just provide
> a list and let the user re-order the priorities.
You can see profiles as several
lists that you can choose from. Do you think this would be too
complex, Philip?

That's it. Default behavior is the priority list, and if you use just that then your mental model is that of a single ordered list.

But with the extra "saving profiles" interface, you can pre-create several usage cases ("watching a movie - do not disturb", "waiting for an important call", "going to sleep") and change between them with a simple drop-down selection which will load a different order with just one click.