Re: [Usability] Fwd: New Sound Preferences and Volume Control

In that case, a per application micro-management as proposed in this discusion is too cumbersome.

A viable implementation for this "priorities" concept would be to provide a list of priorized categories (pre-populated with categories for the most common usage cases), allowing the association of each application to one of the categories.

- Several priorization profiles could be saved,
- changing between one scenario could be done instantly by loading a different created profile,
- and creating a new scenario would consist of reordering the categories.

2008/12/3 Pedro Maurício Costa <pmauricio costa gmail com>
> I don't want to miss a line of dialog in a movie just because a new
> mail arrives.

Diego, that's exactly what I'm talking about: for you it doesn't make
sense that a movie sound is interrupted by an incoming e-mail alert,
so why should it, right? A movie/music is ranked higher than e-mail
alerts or IM invitations for you. What if it was someone calling you,
maybe you would like to see it right away. It's something hard to
manage I guess, specially if you don't want to come up with a super
hard way to configure this "sound prioritization".