Re: [Usability] suggestions to ameliorate the ergonomics of totem

They say an image is worth a thousand words: why can't Totem's volume control be like this?

http://media-player-classic.brothersoft.com/screenshots/Media-Player-Classic-6.4.-9.0_2.png
(Link to screenshot of Media Player Classic).

For me, that is the perfect volume control widget. It doesn't need tooltips, scrollwheels or drags to do its task well.