Re: [Usability] suggestions to ameliorate the ergonomics of totem

Le vendredi 08 août 2008 à 16:32 +0100, Iain * a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Diego Moya <turingt gmail com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add that volume is not available by 1 click (at least in
> the
> > Ubuntu default configuration). As the volume slider is hidden under
> > button, changing volume require 3 clicks (show slider, choose
> volume, click
> > out to dismiss slider).
>
> Yes it is, if you press and drag the volume button.
> But the major fallacy in this whole discussion seems to be the belief
> that to make something more usable you need to reduce every operation
> to one click.
>
> iain

I am talking about to have the important operations to make by one
click, not all of them. There is a maximum number of buttons to make on
an interface. 7 buttons under the video to control the playing of the
videos. 2 Buttons above the video to open videos. 4 buttons above the
video to modify the playing (selection of the menus, chapter, language
and subtitles). At last, a button above the video for the full screen.
7 buttons under, 7 above, this is reasonable.
The 1 click is not the solution to all problems of usuability, but used
wisely, I found it's rend a soft more intuitive.