Re: [Usability] Idea for more usability

You could always just hit alt-f2 and do < gksudo nautilus > to open Nautilus as root, but this would make it quite a bit easier. I think that it should notify the user that modifying the folder in question affects the whole system and could break things, and if the user acknowledges that message, it should use gksudo to make whatever modifications the user requested. Also, this functionality could be extended to the way nautilus opens files, so that opening certain types of files that are only modifiable by root would cause it to ask the user whether they want to open the file for modification or not.