Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Iain * wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 18:42:14 +0100
> From: Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>
> To: rohanoberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.
>
> On 5/6/07, rohanoberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu> wrote:
> > Can someone
> > explain why it is so bad?
>
> Thats how musicbrainz does it.

> >  Or at least allow the user a preference box that says "Do not send
> > me to any &*#$% web pages when I click Submit".
>
> Do you want this to be a global preference that acts on all
> applications, or Soundjuicer specific? Are there applications that you
> do want to be sent to &*#$% web pages when you click submit?

Buttons which open web pages really should be clearly marked (I hate when
help/documentation menu items aren't clearly marked) because the time to
open the externam application can be very large and in the case of a user
with no internet connection the wait could be described as "infinite".
Very annoying for users.  If at all possible it would be preferable to
display it as a properly and easily recognisable web link, maybe not
practical in this case but worth keeping in mind.

--
Alan