Re: [Usability] Tab consistency

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 23:07 +0200, erik philippo tweakdsl nl wrote:
> I've got no experience with usability and developing UI. That's why I hope
> betterdesktop support this. But what do you think about a standard? A standard
> can be used for both KDE and Gnome. Also windows applications can use it. I
> think this is the best solution. This is better then different behaviors in
> gnome and kde.

Standards are about (hopefully shared) technologies and data (think
about dbus for the former, and desktop files for the latter). UI stuff
has more to do with particular interface design of each desktop. And
"tab design" is a very anecdotal matter when you think, for instance,
about the button order that is different between KDE and Gnome...

At the very most, such a stuff should go in the HIG, in gnome's context.
Period.