Re: [Usability] Usability Digest, Vol 33, Issue 23

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 13:32 -0600, Ethan Anderson wrote:
> What we need is a feature that lets the user set a desktop mode or
> property such that all windows are maximised by default, and whenever
> focus is put on one window, the other windows are minimized.  A
> feature.  That simple.  All too often, I have to do that myself.  And
> then, transparency looks ugly.  It could be quite elgant with that
> simple set of preferences.

Install matchbox-window-manager and remove metacity.  Matchbox forces
all main windows to be full screen but also correctly handles floating
toolbars, dialogs, menus, panels and desktops.  Is this what you are
trying to do?

> Please do this.  You can never regret giving the user an option.

Ha!  Did you see the GNOME 1 Panel properties dialog, and all five tabs?

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./