Re: [Usability] Usability Digest, Vol 33, Issue 18

When you right click on a file, the menu that pops up should check the MIME index before loading options.  If there is no editor for a file type, the option should not be displayed.  What if I have a quick, slim editor, a complex, powerful editor, and two programs that can otherwise open it?  How about this:
---
Open >Open with: Firefox
>Open Office
Edit> The GIMP
Quick edit> (Some kinda mspaint equivalent)
---
That'd be the menu.  All you'd see is:
---
Open >
Edit
Quick edit
---
But if you hovered over an option, it would show the programs designated for that function. These should be custom then.
What if there's a program called, uh...  "Shnark" that I use every day on .png's.  I should be able to set things such that I see:
---
Open
Edit
Shnark