[Usability] How do you organize your desktop environment?

This is a question.
What can we brainstorm from this?
Ways to make it easier to organize as we often do.
Let's study the way we organize in a common desktop environment to spawn ideas on how to improve the usability of a desktop environment.

Okay, so in Windows, I almost always have AIM on the side of everything. My side is right, for some people it could be left!!!

I switch between larger views of windows on Firefox, Thunderbird, iTunes, notepad, word/excel/etc, Photoshop.

I use smaller windows for writing new emails and responding to IMs on AIM. I also see their use in error messages.

I often go to full screen with media players and games.