Re: [Usability] date format

Op zondag 19-08-2007 om 12:32 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef jorge
santos:

> To make things worse I also don't use the standard ISO format, I use the
> yyyy/mm/dd format in Windows or KDE.
>
> Is there a way to make it possible, in future Gnome releases, to select
> the date formats independently from the Language selected by the user?

This question doesn't really belong on the usability list but I'll
answer it anyway.

It is possible to do but not via the clock applet GUI. Use gconf-editor,
drill down to apps>panel>applets>clock_screen0. Then, set the 'format'
key to 'custom' and enter any (strftime-compatible) date format string
in the custom_format field.

Alternatively, you may like to try MacSlow's cairo clock, GNOME
anniversary release: http://macslow.thepimp.net/?p=140 =)

HTH,

--
Reinout van Schouwen