Re: [Usability] GTK ComboBox

Hmm... you can tell this is a problem for Pidgin because it's in their FAQ:
http://www.pidgin.im/faq.php#q19

This problem will generally affect only people who have a combo box near the
edge of the screen (for instance, having pidgin maximized vertically) and
have a reason to want to see all of the options and/or want to select an
option you know exists but is hidden.

So, this causes frustration in these cases
1. Wanting to see all of the options (common among most users)
2. Wanting to select an option that isn't visible (depends on the application,
common for pidgin status changing)

The closer you are to the edge of the screen, the less you see.

The further you are from the edge of the screen, the further you have to move
your mouse to see everything.

The default option is generally negligible when compared to these other
factors, though could still be useful in select cases.