Re: [Usability] Quicky review of Seahorse encryption key manager

Alan Horkan wrote:
> Apologies in advance but I'm working off the screenshots to start with and
> I will try and get recent binaries or compile Seahorse later for more
> detailed feedback.  The screenshots are not dated or marked with any
> version so I'll assume they are from the most recent release*.

Yeah, sorry the screenshots are from 0.9.1. Many of the dialogs are a
bit simpler and less cluttered now. But I believe most if not all of
your comments still apply.

> I figured I should take a quick look at Seahorse and provide feedback now
> rather than later (especially since I feel burned by some of the last
> minute changes made to Baobab supposedly in the name of HIG compliance but
> that is a rant for another time).  I'm not an expert but I know what I
> like and I am familiar with the Human Interface Guidelines as well as the
> Documentation Style Guide (which is very relevant to the use of language
> in the interface).

<snip>

Good stuff, all of it. Makes sanse. I'll make the suggested changes shortly.

> I hope to try out Seahorse soon and provide a more thorough review.

That would be awesome.

> Best of luck with getting Seahorse included in Gnome.

Thanks,

Nate Nielsen