Re: [Usability] Quicky review of Seahorse encryption key manager

[snip]
> The first dialog includes the following labels on the Tabs:
> "My Personal Keys"
> "Keys I trust"
> "Keys I've Collected"
>
> This kind of informality is out of keeping and inconsistent with the style
> of Gnome.  Microsoft have even stated they will drop the "My" prefix in
> front of "My Documents" in their next release, about a decade overdue.
> I would encourage you to also avoid the "My" prefix.
>
> Abbreviations should generally be avoided to maintain maximum clarity.
> There is no benifit in trying to compact things ("I've") as you need to
> leave enough extra space for translations which may not be as terse as
> English.
>
> More appropriate labels would be:
> "Personal Keys"
> "Trusted Keys"
> "Collected Keys"
[snip]

It's easy for people to become confused about what are their keys (and
what are their public and private parts of their keys) and what are the
public keys of other people. It's worth being explicit to make this
clearer. "Personal Keys" doesn't unambiguously mean the same thing as "My
Keys".

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com