Re: [Usability] Mac-style menubar in GNOME

Obvious and contrived implementation issues aside, I would like to probe
the list for any and all comments on the potential usability of such an
applet (and analogously its potential testing user base).

Some people will love it, and they will use it.  Some people will hate
it, and they won't use it.  If it's optional, nobody gets hurt, so go
for it.

I made a half-hearted stab at a prototype (in Python) once, I'll see
if I can dig it up.

One thing that came up is that focus-follows-mouse will be really
screwy, if in the motion from an app's window to the top menu bar,
your mouse goes over (and focuses) another window.  Unfortunately, I
happen to like focus-follows-mouse.  But that's an edge case we can
deal with later...