Re: [Usability] sticky keys and alt-tab

On 9/12/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
On 9/12/06, Maurizio Colucci <maurizio colucci gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if I enable sticky keys (control panel -> keyboard -> accessibility), I
> loose the ability to ALT-TAB (unless, of course, I keep ALT pressed, which
> defeats the purpose of using sticky keys). Is there any way to switch the
> active window with the keyboard  which does not require holding buttons?
> Thanks for any help.

If you have sticky keys enabled, you should be able to "make alt be
pressed and held" (not sure if this has a technical term) by hitting
alt twice.  Then hit tab however many times you need.  Then "release
alt" by hitting alt again.  In other words, to get the behavior
equivalent to
but with sticky keys, you would instead use the key sequence

Hope that helps,

It would, if it worked. Unfortunately it does not work at all. Pressing ALT twice is no different than pressin it once for me. I am using the USA keyboard layout, Gnome is the one in Ubuntu Dapper. Any ideas? Thank you. :-)

Maurizio