Re: [Usability] Usability Issues in Theme Manager

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:

I have a few bug reports I'm not sure how to
resolve:

Bug 331835 [1] - Missing maximize button (in Theme
Preferences)

I think what the reporter really wants is a 'smart
resize' button like Mac OS has had for years. But we
don't have that...

I notice that the File Management prefstool has a
mamimize button. The result of pressing that is just
ugly...

Bug 330303 [2] - theme-manager "theme details"
window should be transient...

I have lost the theme details window on occasions.
However, making it transient would make exploring the
details of different themes very tedious indeed. You'd
have to choose one, hit details, close, choose
another, etc etc.

I wonder if the two dialogs could be combined into one. Are there any usability issues with presenting the "detail" in the main window?

[From the bug comments]
As a related aside, it's also possible to open the
theme capplet multiple
times.

This is a problem with all the preftools.

So definitely should be fixed? I could never see any use case for having the capplet open multiple times, so if it gets the approval of the usability team, then I will make sure it is prevented from opening more than once.

-Thomas