Re: [Usability] Usability Issues in Theme Manager

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Thomas Wood wrote:

> Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 10:10:18 +0100
> From: Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] Usability Issues in Theme Manager
>
> I have a few bug reports I'm not sure how to resolve:
>
> Bug 331835 [1] - Missing maximize button (in Theme Preferences)

Frankly I'd like to be able to maximize _every_ window (just about).

Different languages will have different string lengths and accessibility
themes will have different font sizes so if your user interface will not
resize nicely it is BROKEN by design.

(Okay so maybe it would be redundant on a message dialogs but it would be
vaguely helpful on a dialog with any kind of complicated information in
it.)

In the case of maximising the theme preferences window it would give more
space to show the list and save users having to scroll to see the whole
list.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org