Re: [Usability] Usability Issues in Theme Manager

--- Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:

> I have a few bug reports I'm not sure how to
> resolve:
>
> Bug 331835 [1] - Missing maximize button (in Theme
> Preferences)

I think what the reporter really wants is a 'smart
resize' button like Mac OS has had for years. But we
don't have that...

I notice that the File Management prefstool has a
mamimize button. The result of pressing that is just
ugly...

> Bug 330303 [2] - theme-manager "theme details"
> window should be transient...

I have lost the theme details window on occasions.
However, making it transient would make exploring the
details of different themes very tedious indeed. You'd
have to choose one, hit details, close, choose
another, etc etc.

[From the bug comments]
> As a related aside, it's also possible to open the
theme capplet multiple
times.

This is a problem with all the preftools.

24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail http://uk.mail.yahoo.com