Re: [Usability] Use of C-PageUp/Down to move between tabs

Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM> wrote:

> On 9 Jun 2006, at 17:14, Bill Wohler wrote:
> >
> > Well, I tried C-PageUp/Down in the GtkTreeView widget (in GnuCash),
> > and I have no idea what it's doing.
>
> In a tree view, Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn should be moving focus to the item at
> the top or bottom of the current view; in other controls, it's the
> shortcut for scrolling left/right:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/latest/keynav-23.html#keynav-35
>
> If it's doing something else, it's either a bug, or it's been over-
> ridden by a developer who thinks they know better :)

Thanks, Calum. Well, that's not what I'm seeing. A GnuCash developer
told me that he wouldn't overwrite the GtkTreeView bindings to allow
C-PageUp/Down to move between tabs so it's unlikely that it has been
overridden. A puzzler indeed. I'll mention this to the developers.

I still think that the HIG should specify C-PageUp/Down for moving
between tabs and that other widgets should not use this binding.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler newt com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and MH-E.