Re: [Usability] Save Icon

Am Dienstag, den 31.01.2006, 02:07 +0000 schrieb Iain *:

> In no way is it "the wrong thing"
>
> It could be argued that it is easier to get to the toolbar button than
> it is to the edit menu item, so we should maybe remove the menu item
> instead.

People here are talking about removing features all the time. How about
implementing customizable toolbars as a new feature, or as a recommend
feature for the usability guide?

Software should be adaptive, if you find no copy/pate/cut icons are
faster for you thats ok, remove them.
If users worked with programms having those buttons, its easier for them
to keep those buttons. Not faster perhaps - but easier, and perhaps the
user is more relaxed with this buttons arround. Beeing relaxed can be
more effective sometimes.

Please notice that users will always have different experiences and that
software adapting to the user is better then adapting a users to
software. Perhaps there should be a a setting "Users experience:
[beginner/advanced]" in gnome-applications to do this job. But i guess
no one is really about to _implement_ a new feature like this.

just a little ironic today, keep cool ;-)

regards, Sven