Re: [Usability] Zoom control

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Calum Benson wrote:

Allow me to do a proposal of my own:

(+) [units] (-)

This layout is similar to the nautilus zoom widget. Evince already
allows configuring the toolbar widgets like this. Open questions: should
this be a unified widget or should these be three separate widgets; and:
should there be guidelines about when to use percentage values (100%)
and when to use descriptions? ("Page width")

I suspect we'd need at least two 'single unified controls' :)  As you
say, some apps need non-numeric zoom levels like "fit to window" and
"fit width", and anything with +/- buttons doesn't really quite make
sense for those, IMHO.  But equally, a drop-down list of values doesn't
suit apps with infinitely-adjustable zoom levels.

Just FYI - Epiphany 1.10 will have two simple buttons added to the default toolbar layout, for 'Larger' and 'Smaller' text.

(Hopefully someday Mozilla will get around to implementing zooming images together with text...)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen	   ***	student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl    ***	mobile phone: +31-6-44360778