Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On 1/26/06, brian muhumuza <brian muhumuza gmail com> wrote:

>  http://netobjective.openswarm.com/
>
>  We have gotten lost in the Win95 task bar style, but i believe it uses up
> too much space for its own good.

I'm not sure why the Mac OS X (http://www.apple.com/macosx/) style is
better then?

(yes, I noticed the fancy plans for the bottom bar, but try that on a
800x600 screen and tell me it's better than single panel)

>  The panel implementation i present in the mockup for one, ensures that
> application windows will always be found where they minimise to.

I think this thread was about the current default panel layout.
Re-implementing the gnome-panel isn't really the answer for right now
(although it could be for the future), so maybe the subject line
should change...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi