Re: [Usability] Splash screens and startup notification

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 09:11 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
> I like the idea too, but why not reusing the window list entry? Honestly I don't
> want additional boxes on the screen, where people will debate where to put them.

:) That makes much more sense...

You wouldn't need the close/minimise because you'd be able to
right-click the window list. And the status tooltip could still be used.
The issue here though is how do you make sure the user knows its gone
into the window list? Have it flashing? And how should it appear when
its finished loading? Should it steal focus if you've switched to
another app? Or should it just notify you that its finished loading,
somehow?

Anyone care to produce some mockups? I'm a little busy ATM but might
have time later in the week.

--
Phil Bull
https://launchpad.net/people/philbull/