[Usability] Re: Reasoning behind default panel setup?

Op Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:11:28 -0700, schreef Gezim Hoxha:

> a cool thing to do that would help users is to maybe show a very
> brief 'splash' saying "Welcome to Desktop X" when users switch desktops.
> This would be really great because then it would give users a whole new
> paradigm.

A crazy idea perhaps, but the 'Show desktop' button could be redefined to
open a new workspace on demand. If pressed on an empty desktop, remove the
current workspace and move back to the previously visible one.

That way, we could start out with one workspace but dynamically add more
when requested. The workspace switcher could then be dynamically
added/removed from the panel.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen