Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 13:15 -0500, Owen Williams wrote:
> Why is there a difference between "export" and "save as"?  I can think
> of implementation-specific reasons for the separation, but no
> user-centric reasons.

Save As is normally reserved for saving to formats that can be opened
again by the same application, and Export for saving to formats that can
only be opened by other applications, which is often something that it's
useful for user to know about. (Although I forget off-hand if the HIG
makes this distinction or not.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group