Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 23:01 +0200, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On 1/10/06, David Tenser <djst mozilla gmail com> wrote:
> > The reason why I'm posting about all this here is because I was
> > recommended to do so by gnome-panel developer Vincent Untz. I see three
> > general problems with the current default panel layout:
> >
> > 1. Icons are very small on a 24px panel.
>
> Although I use 800x600 a lot (which is even more space-concerned than
> what I percieve as "normal" resolution), I'd have to second bigger
> icons. 8 pixels allocated from application space to prettier icons is
> well worth it (and makes bigger targets too).

FWIW, the panel infrastructure used to support different default layouts
for different screen sizes, but I've a feeling Mark might have removed
that stuff now because nobody ever used it.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group