Re: [Usability] Pathbuttons-Field

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 09:41:47PM +0100, David Christian Berg wrote:
> The concept is similar to what I suggested before with:
>
> http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~dcb/linux/newpathbar.png
>
> So: I like it! Not quite as much as mine :) because I like URIs
> afterall, but hey...

URIs? I don't see the difference there.

The triangles you use as seperators have no connection to the
traditional / or to path-buttons. They remind me of expanders,
though.

Displaying path elements like links might seem like a good
idea for consistency with web browsers. It's sure easy on
the eyes (shuld be made sure the lines don't go through the
descenders, though). But imagine a web adress in firefox shown
like that, with clickable links: it would work only on some
websites and not at all on others. So showing local, filesystem
adresses in a very different way might be a good thing.

Much of the point of my proposal is treating the buttons like
characters, to make backspace work in a logical way and to
make input turning into new path elemts less of a surprise.

I didn't manage to find your proposal in the archives.

---
Thorsten Wilms