Re: [Usability] Contribution

I may be overstretching my authority a bit but I bounced his message from
the moderation queue.

I specifically asked him not to cross post, a request he ignored.

Anyone interested may read the message and the rest of the thread here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-August/msg00269.html

I may reply to his post on the desktop-devel list later but Calum has
already provide a suitable response and pointed out that Windows does have
guidelines.  Guidelines do not stop people from developing very ugly
inconsistent applications on any platform.  The guidelines are not so
important as the critical mass of users with high expections of developers
to follow them and make consistent applications.  User expectations are a
big part of the reason why the Mac Guidelines are so much more effective
than any others.

--
Alan