Re: [Usability] Using Control-Esc and Windows keys to access the start menu

> Me too. And I have to say that in this area, Windows really shines
> (just for the record, I am a GNU/Linux + Gnome user and a quite vivid
> MS-critic). If I could get the same consistency under Gnome, it would
> be really nice.

I'm pretty confident that GNOME actually has wider and more
consistent keyboard coverage than Windows-- e.g. try moving splitter
bars on Windows and see how far you get :)  We tabulated all the
keyboard behaviour of various desktops (including Windows) before we
started, and designed GNOME's 2.x keyboard from the ground up with
that information to hand.

Hehe :) To be honest it might have been other apps that made me draw
this conclusion but I am not always sure when it is GNOME that is in
control of the keyboard bindings and when it is some other sub system.
From now on I will try to look more carefully.

Please file bugs (with the keynav keyword) about any inconsistencies
or holes you find in GNOME's keyboard navigability.

I will, thanks!

 (Note that "not
the way Windows does it" doesn't necessarily mean it's inconsistent;
internal consistency is generally more important here, especially
from an accessibility viewpoint.)

I agree 100 %.

Thanks for the feedback.

/Mathias