Re: [Usability] Desktops View in Taskbar

(I only CC'ed him because he is not subscribe to the list.)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Marc Hildebrand wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:43:54 -0500
> From: Marc Hildebrand <ghildy gmail com>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] Desktops View in Taskbar
>
> To whom it may concern,

Depending on the request you can often go directly to the developers - of
the Workspace switcher in this case - and file a request in bugzilla.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org

> It would be sweet to be able to click and move the window objects in the
> mini workspace representations, and possibly even mb3 click on them to
> get the move to workspaceXX list.

This is already possible.  I normally avoid workspaces completely on a
matter of principle but once I turned them back on and resized my panel to
a fairly huge 128 pixels and the Workspace switcher expanded it became
easy to click on the mini windows and drag them from one workspace to
another.  The problem may simply be that the mini windows are too
difficult to grab on a smaller workspace switcher.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com