Re: [Usability] spatial desktop

On 8/28/06, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:
> But spatial is another matter. Changing from non-spatial to spatial
> involves big UI changes (just look at nautilus as an example), and
> someone using a "spatial" desktop could as well want to keep a classical
> view for some apps. And depending on the context it might be more useful
> to have MDI instead of spatial things. It's really on an application basis.
which means, if at any point of time gnome desktop goes completely
spatial i would have to manually enable spatial feature for all
application ?

I would hope that it would use a mechanism similar to Nautilus, where
opening a document icon would open a spatial interface to this
document, while you could still open the application itself to get a
multi document interface.

why not add a setting for global preference, which applications can
override ?

Well I for one would ignore this setting, since it wouldn't make sense
for Scratchpad to open a project window when a single document was
accessed from the file browser.

Daniel