Seach everything [was Re: [Usability] New "Add to panel" dialog]

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Eric Larson wrote:

> > The same way we have standard "Load" and "Save" dialogs, we could have
> > a "Search" component reused through all these tools.

> I just want to second this. I stated this earlier on the list but I am

A desktop wide tag and search system sounds great but I cannot help
feeling the politics behind mono makes progress in that direction
very difficult for Gnome.

There were suggestions in the past of adding a searchbar to/in place of
the file chooser, anyone remember? Is that more what you meant than
Beagle?

- Alan