[Usability] Feedback on UI design, please.

Hi!

I am developing a word training application (named: Learn Words). I have made some UI designs using glade, and as HIG suggests I have made a list of potential users and user scenarios.

I have created a homepage for the project at my homepage.
http://www.zuu.info/goto.php?page=learnwords

I recommend that you read the user scenarios first,
http://www.zuu.info/test/file/UI_users_and_scenarios.txt

and then have a look at my UI designs:
http://www.zuu.info/test/file/layout_demo.tar.gz

If you find anything unclear or have any questions or suggestions, please ask/tell me.

---

I don't use Gnome desktop (for some reasons*), but I like the Gnome project. I will try to follow the Gnome HIG, and wouldn't mind if my application works good on Gnome :D.

* Reasons:
	x Cant modify keyboard layout with xmodmap (altering some keys).
x Cant move windows so that the top part will be located outside of the screen. (hiding unused space of application)
	x Cant (in 2.6) add applications to applications menu.
	x Cant open applications menu on right click (minor reason)

Greetings
Leif Linse (Zuu)