ReV: [Usability] gedit's Save A Copy

> > "Save" means something to everyone who has used a computer: commit
my
> > changes "permanently", don't close the document. "Save a copy" is a
> > variation on that which I thought I knew, but the extra words *add
> > confusion* because now I don't know what aspects of "save" are being
> > performed. "Copy to" tells me exactly what is going to happen, and I
> > find clearer because it isn't corrupted with my preconceived notions
of
> > what "save" does.

This isn't a very good solution as it clashes with items in the edit
menu.
You need something that clearly states that this generates a file in the
same format as "Save".
What do you copy to? A clipboard? A file? Some magic buffer?
I think I've prefer "Export" to "Copy to", even if this is even more
difficult for the user to interpret.

John