Re: [Usability] screenshot & recording desktop video

I believe video encoding profiles are in the process of being
implemented as a framework.  Ronald Bultje is doing these.  Once these
are done, I will add them to Istanbul.  In the meantime, I will only
offer Ogg and hence no "codec" options.  This is to promote the use of
free codecs, and yes there is a way for mac os and windows people to
watch these videos just like there is a way for them to watch
flumotion streams.

I am almost ready to release istanbul 0.1.1 which will include many
improvements including the option to stream the video to icecast2, do
the actual encoding later (after stop is clicked) and UI cleanups.

Zaheer