Re: [Usability] Default Panel Layout

Am Mittwoch, den 15.06.2005, 20:45 -0400 schrieb Mystilleef:

> The terminal is an important aspect of the Unix/Linux
> experience/culture. I think downplaying it's importance is a little
> shortsighted, especially since it is the most expressive and powerful
> interface for Unix and Unix-like environments yet.

I would agree on the most part. But I see the terminal more as a window
to another world. Fact is that many people will never touch this. The
question is for what kind of people GNOME is. I would say, that people
who want terminal will get it and will not have any problem. I don't see
where GNOME can do much for terminal users, because they already know
what they are doing. maybe some GNOME functions could be presented
better via shell-commands.

Thilo

--
http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci