Re: Screenshot dialog not needed? (Was: Re: [Usability] screenshot & recording desktop video)

What about a shutter-like effect over the entire screen?  A quick snap
and the dialogue appears with the results?

I think it's important to give feedback to the user for this operation,
and I also think the dialogue is excellent.  I was very pleased when I
first had to interact with it.  Much better than copying it to the
clipboard, or to some directory.

If someone were to use the Window capture rather than the entire screen
capture, simply display the shutter effect over that window.

The shutter effect could be like the iris of a lens, not like a
blind-type shutter closing or opening.

Kirk