Re: [Usability] Re: Screenshots as videos

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 15:27 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> jeroen xs4all nl writes:
>
> > I don't intend to change the behavior of the (Alt-)PrintScreen keys. That
> > functionality should definitely stay the same. What i intend is to display
> > a dialog like the one i did in glade
> > (http://www.xs4all.nl/~jeroen/screenshots/Screenshot-Screenshot-2.png)
> > when gnome-screenshot is launched without any parameters. The default
> > option would be to take a screenshot of the entire desktop. So if a user
> > wants to take a screenshot of he/she has to do is press ENTER or click the
> > OK button. After that he/she would get the same dialog they now get.
>
> That's the step I don't want and am arguing against.  Right now, you
> press Printscreen, you get a screenshot.  There's no 'hit Enter' step,
> no confirm what you want.  It's really powerful to be able to have a
> key/action just do something, and this improves the overall desktop.
> Same with Alt-PrintScreen to take the window screenshot.  Any dialog
> that comes up is going to alter the screen (and mouse position, and..)

	It doesn't allow you to do delayed screenshots, though. That's at least
one positive thing about adding this dialog.

	A compromise might be that Printscreen takes an immediate screenshot
and Desktop -> Take Screenshot pops up this initial dialog.

Cheers,
Mark.