Re: [Usability] Re: Screenshots as videos

On 14 Jun 2005 15:27:54 -0400, Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com> wrote:
> I would argue that the two biggest uses we'll actually see of this in
> real life are:
>
> 1) GNOME Hackers showing off cool stuff
>
> 2) Part of any bug reporting scheme that we might see.  For example,
>    making bug-buddy aware of it could be pretty powerful.  Though I
>    don't know how well attaching a bunch of videos to bugzilla will do..

FWIW, not at all scientific, but google records 60K instances of the
term 'screencast', including people using it for some pretty cool
stuff, and that is growing- people are finding good uses for this
idea. I'm sure the flash people did an analysis and found a lot more
uses than these two when they went to the trouble to create a whole
new format for it.

In other words: I think you're selling the idea way short by saying it
is a hacker + bug reporting tool. Is it common yet? No. Should we be
out front of a mini-trend, for once? I hope so :)

Luis