Re: [Usability] changing view with key strokes.

On Do, 2005-07-21 at 20:26 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > It uses "R" and "T", which is IMO a bit odd. C^+ and C^- seems to be
> > unused.
>
> In a Video player it does make a certain amount of sense to have single
> letter keybindings but it would be great if the standard keybindings
> could also be supported.

Probably.

> > That is also still there. As a sidenode, why is there no "stretch to
> > screen size" or similar?
>
> Adding more Zoom options might be seen as clutter.

I can see how that may be the case; though I am surprised that "stretch
to window size" is not among them - isn't that the most common use case?

>   The developers might
> prefer not to have a Zoom submenu but I cannot help thinking it will be
> necessary eventually.

Totem already has one. The current "View" menu layout (shortcut in
square brackets):

**********
Fullscreen [F]
Fit window to movie>
  Resize 1:2 [0]
  Resize 1:1 [1]
  Resize 2:1 [2]
Zoom in [R]
Zoom Reset    <- how is that different from Resize 1:1?
Zoom out [T]
---
Aspect Ratio>
  Auto
  Square
  4:3
  16:9
  2.11:1
() Deinterlace [I]
() Always on top
() Show controls [H]
Subtitles>
Show/hide playlist [C^P]
() Repeat mode
() Shuffle mode

(Anyway, I just noticed that this is still Totem 1.0.1 because I
downgraded from Breezy to Hoary, so the layout may already have changed
- can somebody confirm?)

-Samuel