Re: [Usability] changing view with key strokes.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:15:43 +0100
> From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
> To: Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] changing view with key strokes.
>
> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 14:04 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> > Hi Thilo,
> >

> > Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> > > I just cam across the fact that the shortcuts for inreasing and
> > > decreasing the view of a page are different in Evolution and Epiphany.
> > > Maybe in more applications?
> > >

> > > Evolution:
> > > Strg+8, Strg+9
> > >
> > > Epiphany,Evince,gnome-terminal, Abiword (no hint in menu):
> > > Strg+-, Strg++

Does the Totem Movie Player use the standard keybindings and stock items
for Zoom In, Zoom Out and Zoom Normal?  I remember seeing Totem used
something unusual like "Zoom 2:1" but I have only have quite an old
version of Totem for reference. Although this is similar to what other
video players do (Real/Helix uses Zoom, Normal and Double) but it is not
as flexible as having Zoom In/Out and inconsistent with the rest of Gnome
so I hope you will reconsider changing it if you have not done so already.
(Also Zoom percentages are much more user friendly than Ratios but I'd
prefer if you went with the Standard Zoom In, Zoom Out.)

It was something I meant to file a bug report about but I dont think I
ever did get around to it but I'll happily file one now if you want?

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/