Re: [Usability] changing view with key strokes.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Samuel Abels wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:53:52 +0200
> From: Samuel Abels <newsgroups debain org>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] changing view with key strokes.
>
> On Do, 2005-07-21 at 19:45 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > Does the Totem Movie Player use the standard keybindings and stock items
> > for Zoom In, Zoom Out and Zoom Normal?
>
> It uses "R" and "T", which is IMO a bit odd. C^+ and C^- seems to be
> unused.

In a Video player it does make a certain amount of sense to have single
letter keybindings but it would be great if the standard keybindings
could also be supported.

> >   I remember seeing Totem used
> > something unusual like "Zoom 2:1" but I have only have quite an old
> > version of Totem for reference.
>
> That is also still there. As a sidenode, why is there no "stretch to
> screen size" or similar?

Adding more Zoom options might be seen as clutter.  The developers might
prefer not to have a Zoom submenu but I cannot help thinking it will be
necessary eventually.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org