Re: [Usability] How should an editor behave when it comes to search and replace?

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 23:45, Martyn Russell wrote:

> That annoys me too because I expect the window to be in a certain
> position and if it keeps moving it makes me look at it and away from the
> information I want, not to mention if I am clicking on Next several
> times it means I can't just click the mouse button but I have to move
> the mouse first.

FWIW, in such implementations the pointer normally warps with the dialog
box if it was moved by clicking the Find Next button.  Not that warping
the pointer is a particularly endearing thing to do either, but it does
solve that particular problem :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group