[Usability] gedit's Save A Copy

gedit 2.9 has a new feature - a "Save Copy" menu item, under "Save As".
It saves a copy of the document (I guess the current state, but maybe
the saved state), but afterwards you will be editing the original
instead of the new location.

I think it's meant as a way to upload files to external servers without
using nautilus.

This seems both dangerously confusing and not consistent with other
applications. It's a plugin, so I personally wish it was turned it off
by default, even after the UI freeze.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com