Re: [Usability] Find bar variants

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 22:08 +0100, Christian Persch wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Le mercredi 16 février 2005 à 19:25 +0200, Tommi Komulainen a écrit :
>>I assume there is some sound reasoning behind putting the find bar below
>>then content rather than above it?  Something more educated than
>>'because firefox did it like that' would be nice...
>
>I think it's because showing the find bar at the bottom doesn't displace
>the document display (web page), whereas placing it on top moves the
>document display down.

I put the searchbar at the top in Scratchpad because I think it's more
convenient in general (despite the small document displacement).
However, this is only because my windows don't have toolbars, so the
space can easily be used for this. If I'd have toolbars, I would most
likely make it appear at the bottom. So I think this should be decided
on a case by case level.

--
Daniel Borgmann <spark mayl de>